Sunday 13 June 2010

Seminole

I keep all the offcuts of wadding, so for this mini quilt I pieced the wadding. Here it is tacked to the backing which I stretched out using my new clips. :)


I tacked either side of my seams, just to make sure it all stayed put.
The first 2 strips sew on.
The third strip sewn on to the top of the first 2. You can see the chalk line on the wadding showing the middle of the quilt. It's an important line as I need to try to centralise all my strips.

I wish I could say that having centred all the strips to the line the 2 side edges were the same - but no. Even if you scrutinise the picture below I don't think that you'll see the problem with the top strip. Just take my word for it, I had to draw several chalk lines on the front whilst deciding where to sew the side border strips.

I can't post any more photos until I charge my camera.

I did all this at Saturday Stitchers, I sat next to Jacqui and discovered that we go to the same Chiropractor. I am not suffering as much today as after last time as took a big fat pillow to sit on and I used the heat packs last night, and ensured I did the leg stretches. This is how I have to manage it - it won't go away so I just have to learn how to live with it.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete